Sunday, November 11, 2012

What Is An Eagle Scout and Project?

The Eagle Scout is the highest rank you can earn in Boy Scouting.  This has been my goal since I starting doing Scouting when I was nine years old.  If I am successful, I will become the youngest Eagle Scout in the history of my troop.  I want to earn the rank of Eagle Scout because it will make my family proud and it will serve as a good example for the rest of my troop to be able to achieve their goals as well.  I love Scouting and all of the good that it does for me, my family, my community, my country, and to God.  Earning the rank of Eagle also requires me to live the Scout Oath and Scout Law, which I try to do each day:

Scout Oath:

On my honor I will do my best

To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law:


A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.



The Eagle Project is the last and most difficult part in becoming an Eagle Scout.  The Eagle Project requires me to plan and manage a large service project for a religious institution, school, or part of my community.  In order for my project to be approved, I need to lead the entire service project and get members of my family, community, and others to help volunteer and donate to my project to make it successfulI am excited about starting my project and looking forward to your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment