Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Eagle Project Information


Hello, my name is CJay and I am a Boy Scout in West Jordan, Utah.  I am starting to work on my Eagle Project and I would like your help. 

 
Who My Project Benefits and Why I Chose This Project
For my Project, I have decided to create some hand-made items that I will be donating to Primary Children’s Medical Center in Salt Lake City, Utah.  I have been a patient there for all of my life and have had three open-heart surgeries.  Since my surgeries, I have spent a lot of other time there for echocardiograms, MRIs, other tests & procedures, and many doctor’s appointments.  The doctors and nurses there are amazing and have taken very good care of me over the years.  I know that they have saved my life and I want to be able to give something back to them and the hospital. I know what it means to be nervous and afraid to go to the hospital for surgeries or other tests and appointments.  I also know how good it made me feel when they gave me something special to have during my stay and take home with me when I was done.  I want to be able to provide some of these same items that I received to the kids that are going through similar things that I did.    


What I Am Donating:
The items I am planning to create and donate include fleece hats for cancer patients and hand-tied blankets.   I am also collecting store-bought items that will be donated as clinic prizes while kids are staying at the hospital.  I am also planning to create my own coloring book that will help the kids to not be as nervous or scared when they are at the hospital.  I am asking for your help in my Eagle Project and helping the kids at Primary Children’s Medical Center to have a better stay at the hospital.    

My Goal:
MY GOAL IS TO DONATE 100 OR MORE BLANKETS AND 100 OR MORE FLEECE HATS BY THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER.  Here is the details on what I am asking for to be donated to my Project:


ITEMS NEEDED:


FLEECE FOR BLANKETS:
  • 1-2 yards each
  • Any color or print
  • Fleece should be around 58” wide 
 LIGHTWEIGHT FLEECE FOR HATS:
  • 1/2 yard (half a yard will equal two hats)
  • Any color will work, but they are in great need of hats for teen boys, so solid colors are preferable
  • Fleece should be around 58” wide 

CLINIC PRIZE ITEMS:
  • 8-pack crayons, bubbles, single pack Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, nail polish, stuffed animals (beanie baby size or a little bigger), yo-yo’s, 2-5” size balls, playing cards/card games, board books for babies and toddlers, mini Nerf footballs and basketballs, spa products for girls, handheld games (i.e. Yahtzee, Sorry, Solitare, etc)  

 
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED TO SEW HATS:


I need volunteers that would be willing to sew the fleece hats.  These should be fairly easy to stitch with a sewing machine or by hand.  I will provide instructions once I have volunteers signed up.



DUE DATES:


November 25th - I need all unfinished fleece for blankets and hats by this date 
December 9th - I need ALL donations by this date


***Feel free to contact me or my parents by home phone, cell phone, email, or on Facebook if you have any questions or would like to donate.  Also, if you would like to donate to my project but can't donate the items I need due to being too busy or you don't live close enough, contact me or my parents and we can discuss how you can contribute.  Thanks for your support!***


For more information on Primary Children's Medical Center, please CLICK HERE!


No comments:

Post a Comment