Thursday, November 22, 2012

Fleece in da house! (my dad is a nerd)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks to everyone who has donated fleece to my project so far.  Also, a very special thanks to my dad's friends Darren (in North Carolina) and Jared, who donated to my project also.  They couldn't donate materials, but still wanted to help out so they sent some money to my dad through Paypal so we could go and buy more fleece.  We went shopping on Tuesday night and I was able to purchase a lot of highly discounted fleece for my project thanks to their contributions.

Right now we have a lot of fleece in my house that will make up a good number of hats and blankets, but I am still really short of my goal of 100 blankets and 100 hats.  I am expecting a good number of fleece donations from people who have already signed up to come in by Sunday, November 25, which is my deadline so hopefully that will help.  We are getting a bunch of people together on Tuesday, November 27, including my Scout Troop and church youth group, to tie all of the blankets that we have fleece for.  Here's what we have so far:


If anyone else wants to donate that hasn't signed up, I would love your help!  Please call, email, text, or Facebook me or my parents. If you want to donate materials (or Paypal donations to buy more fleece for those far away) after Sunday, November 25, that's fine too.  We can always tie more blankets afterwards.  :-)  I am hoping to deliver my project to PCMC around December 12th.  Thanks to all who have helped out!

CJay

No comments:

Post a Comment