Friday, December 14, 2012

Eagle Project Finished! Dropped Off My Project!

Thanks to all those who have donated to my project!  You have not only helped me, but you have also helped a ton of kids that go to Primary Children's Medical Center.  I can't express how much your time and material donations have meant to me...it's hard to put into words!

On Tuesday, December 11th, I dropped off all of the items that I have collected and made to PCMC.  My Scout Troop and Church/Scout leaders went with me along with my Mom, Dad, sisters, and Grandma Deb.  In all, I collected and donated the following items:

  • 118 Fleece Blankets 
  • 127 Fleece Hats (for cancer patients)
  • 162 Clinic Prizes (toys and other items)
  • ~50 Books
  • 100 of my Cardiology Coloring Books with 100 packs of Crayons
 
When we were at the hospital, the beneficiary contact let us take all of the blankets, clinic prizes, books, and coloring books directly to the Cardiology department.  It was really cool and emotional to be able go into the Cardiology department and put the items in areas where they will start to be given to kids there starting the next day.  We also got to take a box of blankets to the Sleep Lab for kids there to have while doing sleep tests.


One of the coolest parts was being able to meet with my cardiologist and give her one of my coloring books.  It was her idea to make them and she was really excited to find out I created it.  It felt really good to be there with her while she read it.  She loved it!  My dad is doing to send PCMC the coloring book PDF so they can continue to print as many copies as they need in the future!


The beneficiary contact was REALLY excited to see the fleece hats.  Most of the hats we made were for teenaged (or younger) boys.  She said that they haven't had any hats for teenaged boys in a while and that these will help a lot!  She got a little teary-eyed as she was going through them, which made me feel really good that we did that as part of my project.  Also, we are going to be donating the original pattern we used to make the hats since she really liked it and wanted to use that pattern for future Eagle Projects.  This is another way that my project will continue to give back to PCMC in the future. 





We ended up spending about an hour at PCMC to drop off my project.  It felt really good to have my family and Scout Troop there with me.  It was something that I won't ever forgot.  Thanks again to everyone that helped make my project a success!


CJay



1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome bud I am so proud of you. I can see that God is using you and God himself is looking down on you smiling May God Bless you always.

    ReplyDelete